Monday, February 20, 2012

SISTER KELSEY GISH

Sister Kelsey Gish was set apart as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on February 14th, 2012.  Besides being Valentines Day, this is also a very special day in the Gish house, even as it pertains to missions.  Elder Tyler Gish entered the MTC just 5 short years earlier on Valentines Day 2007.  So in our house Valentines Day and Missions have connected. 
Sister Kelsey Gish was set apart by President Judd.  It was a beautiful blessing, one that gave me the much needed peace.  Just hours before going into the office, even up until the time we were there, I had short nerves and was ready to cry at the drop of a hat.  By the time I left the office, I had so much more peace.  Then that evening my Husband pronounced a blessing on me, with 2 of my son's Tyler and Braydon, which gave me an even greater measure of peace.  Kelsey also recognized her Heavenly Fathers Love through the blessing.  She has seen how these various blessings in her life are tied together.  First her Patriarchal blessing was connected to Braydon's Blessing (which helped her to finially decide to go on a mission), and Braydon's Blessing was connected to the setting apart blessing.  I am so grateful for the priesthood in my life, and the power and blessing it has been to our family.
So, since Kelsey was set apart and needed now to have a constant companion, guess who was able to be her companion. You are right it was me, I have always wanted to serve a mission, and this was the closest I have gotten so far.  My first companion, Sister Kelsey Gish!!  I tried to be the best compantion ever =D 
We woke up at 6:30 because that is what time missionaries are supposed to wake up, and we wanted to follow mission rules.  We spent the morning pulling last minute things together, then we got ready to go out to breakfast at Village Inn.  It was just the family living at home, and Grandma Tirrell.  Kelsey then said a quick goodbye to Tina and Grandma Gish and we were off.  We went to the Temple for some last minute pictures with Sister Gish, then we had to be to the the MTC about 12:30.  So we pulled up and got her luggage out and hugged her took some quick last minute pictures and she was off.  It maybe took about 2 minutes.  That's it...DONE...it was a drive through drop off.  She walked the same direction we were heading, and so we were able to drive past her and wave one last time. 
Yes there were a few tears on the way home.  This will however be such a great experience for her!!  I am so excited to hear the stories of Sister Gish in Russia!!

GOODBYE SISTER GISH...


 





...WE LOVE YOU!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment