Monday, November 14, 2011

I HOPE THEY CALL ME ON A MISSION TO....

Its here, Its HERE...
No way it was just submitted 9 days ago...
and it is HERE...
There are so many tender mercies (blessings) that sometimes we are not even aware they are there.  Our Heavenly Father LOVES us so much and he wants us to be happy!!!  Of this I know.   I want to share some insite to this very special day.  I will start with October 26, 2011.  This day was really no different than most other days at the Gish home.  In fact it was really quite typical.  There was one thing that set this day apart from other days.  This happened after I went to pick up Kelsey from work at Deseret Book.  We might have gone for a drive after because this is something I love to do with my children.  I do know however we pulled into the driveway of our house and just kept talking.  We knew Quinten was in the house and would love to see us come in, but we kept talking.  While talking we saw the mail man go to our house with some type of package (probably for Joe).  I wondered quickly what it might be, then it left my thoughts just as quick.  We decided to go in and as we entered Quinten had an envelope that he was examining.  He said something like Church of Jesus Christ and this is for Kelsey.  It didn't take long to realize that it was Kelsey's mission call.  It continued with Quinten and me screaming and Kelsey in a mild form of shock.  We did not even plan on it coming on that day.  We knew most mission calls came on Wednesday, but this was only the 9 days from being submitted.  So now what....where do we open it...when...we really were not to prepared.  Really, how hard can this be to open a Missionary Call.  We did want family there and Kelsey had already asked her Uncle Jason if she could open her mission call at his house when it came.  So we just made a few calls to invite family and friends.  We also had to wait for Braydon to come home from his important BYU basketball game. 
So we waited and waited and at about 10pm we had all that were going to come there.  WAITING....and EXCITED about what this letter held.  We knew this would change Kelsey's life and ultimately the families lives.  
Joe, Devyn, Quinten, Ryan and Jason Waiting Patiently
Two of Kelsey's Best Friends Cicely Fabiano and Melissa Eisert

So HERE WE GO....ARE YOU READY FOR THIS....
  
Opening...Wait first is everyone on the phone? 

OK... 
 
Now watch the next three pictures really close and you can almost see her mouth the words...

TO

MOSCOW

RUSSIA!!!
Did you see that we caught her words.

...and then a BIG HUG from mom...

What a special day.  This is a day Kelsey has been preparing for, for the last 21 years.  She has always wanted to go on a mission.  ALWAYS...and now it is her time to serve.  There are some interesting points that may or may not have lead up to this mission.  I do know however that there is someone greater at the head and we often are prepared for things before they happen.
  • It started back when I was in the 6th grade I took Russian from my Uncle Howard.  I also participated in a Russian Dance Group where we danced and I also played the accordian.  This group performed all over.  This definitely brought back a flood of memories, and was one of my favorite childhood memories 
  • Kelsey had a cute Russian friend who lived next door to us in Glendale.  They looked  like twins, it was amazing.  We loved this family, who now the children are all grown up and making their own way.
  • My mom and dad befriended a Russian couple shortly after coming to America.  I believe they were the Russian Family that I met.  
  • One interesting point was when my father guessed that my son Tyler was going on his mission to Russia.  My father passed away before he was able to witness where Tyler was going, and Tyler was called to the Belgium, Brussels Netherlands Mission, so he did not guess right.  My father might have known something however because now Kelsey is going there.   
  • Kelsey guessed Braydon's best friend (Austin Argyle) was going to Russia just weeks before she opened hers.  He is going to Spain.  
  • Since she has opened her call we have found and met several Russians, or people who have gone to Russia.  Our very own neighbor 2 doors down is a Russian lady.  She is not a member of the Church, but she is very sweet and she is helping Kelsey with her Russian.  Mostly by reading in the Russian Book of Mormon. 

Really there is a bigger hand in all of this, and we can see it.  

Sister Gish is going to the Moscow, Russian Mission
she will report to the Provo MTC on February 1, 2012.   



No comments:

Post a Comment